Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Information on Vehicle and Suv Wheelchair and Scooter Lifts and carriers

Vehicle lifts are a handy technology - affordable, adaptable, and practical - with styles, features and options that can create the perfect match between you, your mobility product and your vehicle.
Below you will the find the important questions that need to be taken into consideration when selecting your lift.

1. Should I carry my mobility device inside or outside of my vehicle?

This depends on your vehicle type, your mobility device type and your personal preference.

 

2. I want an inside lift. Should I pick a boom or platform version?

Boom interior lifts resemble a small crane that lifts the scooter or power wheelchair via a reinforced strap, and mount in the rear cargo areas of station wagons, minivans, and SUVs, as well as in a side-entry location on minivans. Further, boom lifts can be used in trunks on sedans via a quick-release base where a compact power wheelchair or scooter lifts into the trunk, then the boom is removed and stowed, allowing the trunk lid to close.

Interior platform lifts allow you to place and secure the scooter or power wheelchair onto a platform that, at the touch of a button, lifts upward, then slides inward on tracks, stowing the power wheelchair or scooter inside the vehicle. Beyond keeping the mobility product secure within the vehicle interior platform lifts also have no equipment outside the vehicle, retaining the vehicle's standard length and appearance. Most interior platform lifts mount using existing securement points within the vehicle so no holes in the vehicle are required.

 

3. How do I know what type of hitch I have on my vehicle?

 

4. Is my vehicle compatible with the lift I want?

Please call our experts at 1-877-655-1181 with your exact vehicle information. We’ll research the options and present you with a list of possible vehicle lifts that can work to meet your needs.  

5. Can I install the lift myself or do I need professional installation?

Your Wheelchair Lift can Be installed by a person with Basic Mechanial Knowledge!www.frontlinemobility.com

No comments:

Post a Comment